As I’ve mentioned, I just got my wisdom teeth removed. I can’t eat any solid food or foods with seeds or small pieces of seasoning/spices. Also, my face is puffy and hurts. Here are the 5 things that I miss the most:
- Food with flavor. I am sick of eating sweet applesauce and yogurt. I just want a piece of garlic bread or something with onions, garlic, or pepper. I need to keep those vampires at bay!
- Being without pain. I am lucky that the pain during recovery isn’t so bad. I’ve seen people totally swell up and have faces covered in bruises. I do have a little pain and I can’t open my mouth wide or talk much. I like to be busy; writing, drawing, going out and doing stuff. But I am relegated to the bed because I need to rest and recover. Boring!
- Being able to laugh. Why is everything so darn funny?! I am constantly suppressing my laughter or smiles because it hurts and I don’t want to pull the stitches/blood clots out.
- Eating peanut butter. It’s Peanut Butter Lover’s Month but I can’t eat any PB! This sucks. It is too hard to swallow without chewing and sucking, which could pull out the clots and sutures in my mouth.
- Having a normal face. It looks like there are little pouches of fat around my jaw. Like puffy, sensitive jowls. When I look in the mirror I see my pre-pubescent self–totally chubby!
Side note: This post makes me think of Are You Missing Me by Elis… It’s stuck in my head! You should go listen to it, it’s a powerful song. You can use Amazon Prime for free here: Amazon Prime Free Trial. Just sayin’.