I just added a new design to my Zazzle store. The product is a “trucker” style hat with the words “MAKE EARTH GREAT AGAIN” on the front, closely mimicking the caps Trump uses to promote his campaign. More important than a wall in between Mexico and the US is making sure us humans have a planet we can live on!
See the swanky new hat here:www.zazzle.ca/realeccentric_prints
Just because it’s a pencil doesn’t mean you can’t contour with it! Here are some products you probably already own that can be re-used to contour:
- Eyeshadow: use a cool-toned brown three shades darker than your skin tone for a more natural look. Or, use grey on whiteface makeup or any cool colour you want for a wackier look. Apply as you would normally and blend.
- Brow Pencil: lightly draw lines around your forehead and nose, under your cheekbones, jaw, and bottom lip. Go over the lines a few times in places where you want to create a more dramatic shadow(such as under the cheeks). The brow pencil should be darker than your skin. Blend with a slightly damp sponge or fingers.
- Lipstick: contouring with lipstick works really well on darker skin, watch lipstick contouring in action here.
(Inspired by It’s Black Friday’s video Stuff I Hate)
In no particular order, here are some things that I hate:
- Boring eyeshadow palettes. They’re everywhere! They advertise themselves as bold and sexy, but they’re really just 6 different shades of brown.
- The trolls who smoke in front of no-smoking signs, around children, etc.
- People who eat like food is going out of style. Stop slurping like an alien and leave some for tomorrow!
- Pop music. I think this point needs no explanation. Moving on;
- People jaywalking and otherwise walking dangerously. You give pedestrians a bad name. (Cue Bon Jovi).
- Neighbours having noisy karaoke parties. I’ve had personal experience with this…
- Uninformed idiots who choose to use faulty reasoning for their arguments and ignore proper methods of debate, especially when they have a huge following on social media.
- Superhero movies and cartoons advertised towards adults. I hate this, so that you can hate me. You’re welcome.
- Humidity. Yuck!
- People who support Hillary Clinton because of her sex (this is kind of a repeat of number 5, but it has to be said).
- Sloppy wet lipstick that gets everywhere. I swear I wasn’t smooching a moose.
- Not having sunscreen/proper sun protection. Skin Cancer affects us all, y’all!
- Navy Blue–the natural enemy of black. I’ve never heard someone say that their heart is Navy, because Navy is a crappy colour.
Image courtesy of Sira Anamwong at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Happy belated mother’s day, y’all!
Did you know: ottawagoth.ca is a website for a company that cleans up wet homes. It is not a website about goths. I’m super disappointed. Additionally, did you know there’s a Goth Avenue in Ottawa? Spooky! And I found this dead blog of a young man recounting his experiences of being goth in the 90s, in Ottawa.
“I hate the 95. The bus drivers are always so rude, the people are always the weirdest you can find, and this bus, more than any other in Ottawa had people who don’t understand bus etiquette.
But for $1.75 at the time, we could go to the market.”
Feel free to contact me if I’ve mentioned your website!
A stranger at the bus stop yesterday politely came up to me and said I had, “really cool makeup, man.” This really brightened my afternoon when I just wanted to go home and sleep. This is in contrast to being catcalled a week or so ago. Some faith in my fellow metropolitans has been restored.
(That was the first and only time I’ve been catcalled, I now reconsider wearing skirts when I’m going out as they seem to make some straight men see me in a whole different light. Now I just dress like a like a spooky androgyne–not your sex object now, huh?)
The French ban on face covering is ridiculous. This isn’t just about allowing muslims to practice their religion, it’s about every French citizen being free to express themselves however they wish. In addition to masks, balaclavas are considered breaching this ban, meaning French citizens will now suffer from cold faces. Brrrr!