It’s that time of year again and, unfortunately, I feel the need to remind you all about Summer safety for you and your loved ones. I don’t care whether you’re at a concert or the grocery store: do not leave your darkling in the car! I implore you: because they are covered in black velvet and silk, unlike you or I, they are extremely prone to heat stroke. Some people say you can leave the car windows rolled down an inch to keep them cool, but that does not prevent sunburn! Goths are delicate creatures and will sizzle, smoke, and blister if left in the car for too long. Additionally, bringing along a compact with white press powder will keep their skin hidden from Normals and daylight in the event of melting makeup. Always remember: bring extra sunscreen and your buddy’s favorite collection of romantic poems when spending time at the park together. Stay safe, and have a lovely Summer.
I just added a new design to my Zazzle store. The product is a “trucker” style hat with the words “MAKE EARTH GREAT AGAIN” on the front, closely mimicking the caps Trump uses to promote his campaign. More important than a wall in between Mexico and the US is making sure us humans have a planet we can live on!
See the swanky new hat here:www.zazzle.ca/realeccentric_prints
Just because it’s a pencil doesn’t mean you can’t contour with it! Here are some products you probably already own that can be re-used to contour:
- Eyeshadow: use a cool-toned brown three shades darker than your skin tone for a more natural look. Or, use grey on whiteface makeup or any cool colour you want for a wackier look. Apply as you would normally and blend.
- Brow Pencil: lightly draw lines around your forehead and nose, under your cheekbones, jaw, and bottom lip. Go over the lines a few times in places where you want to create a more dramatic shadow(such as under the cheeks). The brow pencil should be darker than your skin. Blend with a slightly damp sponge or fingers.
- Lipstick: contouring with lipstick works really well on darker skin, watch lipstick contouring in action here.
(Inspired by It’s Black Friday’s video Stuff I Hate)
In no particular order, here are some things that I hate:
- Boring eyeshadow palettes. They’re everywhere! They advertise themselves as bold and sexy, but they’re really just 6 different shades of brown.
- The trolls who smoke in front of no-smoking signs, around children, etc.
- People who eat like food is going out of style. Stop slurping like an alien and leave some for tomorrow!
- Pop music. I think this point needs no explanation. Moving on;
- People jaywalking and otherwise walking dangerously. You give pedestrians a bad name. (Cue Bon Jovi).
- Neighbours having noisy karaoke parties. I’ve had personal experience with this…
- Uninformed idiots who choose to use faulty reasoning for their arguments and ignore proper methods of debate, especially when they have a huge following on social media.
- Superhero movies and cartoons advertised towards adults. I hate this, so that you can hate me. You’re welcome.
- Humidity. Yuck!
- People who support Hillary Clinton because of her sex (this is kind of a repeat of number 5, but it has to be said).
- Sloppy wet lipstick that gets everywhere. I swear I wasn’t smooching a moose.
- Not having sunscreen/proper sun protection. Skin Cancer affects us all, y’all!
- Navy Blue–the natural enemy of black. I’ve never heard someone say that their heart is Navy, because Navy is a crappy colour.
Image courtesy of Sira Anamwong at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Happy belated mother’s day, y’all!
A stranger at the bus stop yesterday politely came up to me and said I had, “really cool makeup, man.” This really brightened my afternoon when I just wanted to go home and sleep. This is in contrast to being catcalled a week or so ago. Some faith in my fellow metropolitans has been restored.
(That was the first and only time I’ve been catcalled, I now reconsider wearing skirts when I’m going out as they seem to make some straight men see me in a whole different light. Now I just dress like a like a spooky androgyne–not your sex object now, huh?)